Friday, May 8, 2009

Did Mary Pulled Weeds ? Part 2

Continue from.....Did Mary pulled weeds Part 1


We all grow up, leave home, get married and have children. The transformation from child to teenager to adult to wife to mother was never taught. We are just supposed to ‘do it’. The realisation of the change is always sudden.

As mothers, we are supposed to love the family emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.

We are to give them all we have, grow with them and be the super woman that everyone expects of us.

I am sure that many if not most mothers have many times felt exhausted. physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted.

I do. How are we supposed to know what to do?

When I look back over the years, I recall so many mistakes and errors in raising a child, maintaining a home and providing advice.

I feel inadequate.


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. “ Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

Our God is a good God.

At moments of such frustration and exhaustion, God has spoken to me and reminded me that He has a special calling for women.

When He called Mary to bear Jesus, the Son of God, He gave motherhood a special place.

As mundane as we feel our everyday is; waiting upon others, serving them with our hands and feet, seeming insignificant at times - God sees that servant heart in us.

I realised that Mary, mother of Jesus, chosen and highly favoured of God; had to raise Jesus and run a household.

Feed, bathe and clothe a growing Jesus. Bandage his knee when he fell whilst playing, remove the splinter from his finger when he was hurt helping in the carpentry workshop and many other motherly duties.

Cooking, cleaning and even worried sleepless nights. Yes, I can see that she would have also have had to pull the weeds from her garden.

I am blessed to be chosen by God; to be a mother.



Happy Mother’s Day.



Note from Agnes : Brenda was a nurse by profession.


Brenda said " I asked God for some flowers.........., He gave me a garden, some sunshine & some rain.........were weeds from Him I ask ??? "

" Some how, I have faith to trust that when seeds are planted, i need to have patience and His grace to experience every moment of those growth in that garden....."


God Bless You Winston, Brenda & Cassadra darling, I miss your fellowship.


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers,

The mothers who treks in mountains and jungles, and mothers who don't.

Mothers who, throughout some life experiences, developed tough muscles, and some not so tough,

As trekkers in life, God does give mothers a soft heart, doesn't He ?


Just as God gave Brenda a garden to learn through gardening, to make it into a beautiful part of her home, likewise God has given us a family, what and how we make out of it, we have lots to learn.... aren't we ?






No comments: